Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Downloading direct to iPod ... no, it's not 2001!

I've got an iPod Touch 5th Generation, running iOS 7.0.6 & whatever th latest podcast version is .

Since getting it (I'd had a 2nd Generation one & was quite happy with the integration of the podcasts into iTunes - worked just fine); I've noticed that podcasts I download directly to the iPod they seem to think their release date was 01/01/2001 (not something I generally do, I prefer to download to the computer when I can, so that I know I have the file on the computer)

If I download them to the computer, they have the correct release date - and generally I then delete the one on the iPod & transfer the one on the computer, so that they're in the right order etc. (I've got it set so that I manually manage the iPod)

There are one or two that I had to download to the iPod & as I wasn't able to get to a computer that week, I've only got them on the iPod, so I can't replace them with the "correct" one, so they're a bit of a pain to sort into the right order with playlists etc.

From reading the reviews of the podcast app, it seems that I'm not the only one with this issue ... but, until Apple fix it, is there a way of editing the release date? (I have Mac OSX & Windows 7 & Windows 8 computers that I could edit the files on).

Thanks in advance.

iMac, OS X Mavericks (10.9.1)

Posted on Feb 24, 2014 1:19 PM

1 reply

Downloading direct to iPod ... no, it's not 2001!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.