Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes asking to set up as new iPad- but it isn't new

I've just connected my iPad to my computer and it's brought up the "Welcome to your new iPad" screen with two options- to restore from a backup or set up as new.

The thing is, it isn't a new iPad at all. I got it for Christmas, and have synced it with my computer at the very least once or twice since then (not including when I first got it). So obviously I don't want to go for the "set up as new" option.

The last backup it's displaying for the iPad is the 25th of December, which isn't right and definitely isn't recent enough. I have a bunch of photos and things I'd rather not lose.

What can I do about this? I know I can sync some things manually, but I do want to be able to have it automatically sync again as it's way more convenient.

iPad, iOS 7.0.6

Posted on Feb 24, 2014 3:10 PM

5 replies

Mar 16, 2014 3:58 PM in response to Agbr

Same exact thing happened to me today. I opened up iTunes and it isn't recognizing my iPad as one that I already set up and is saying "Welcome to Your New iPad" and making me either set it up as new or to restore from a backup. I don't want to do either and it won't let me get past this screen; I am being forced to pick one or the other and unable to sync anything! What the heck!

iTunes asking to set up as new iPad- but it isn't new

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.