Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mail setting...

I'm using Apple mail more and more and notice something that bothers me, I have one email from Apple (when I bought my ipad) that is highlighted in light blue. It's the only email that is highlighted and I'd prefer to just keep it with a while background like the rest of the emails. The only time I want to see an email change color is when I'm selecting it, then the email is highlighted in dark blue.

Where is the setting to turn off that highlighted email from Apple? I tried rules, but didn't get anywhere, this is what is in there:

User uploaded file

iMac (21.5-inch, Late 2012), OS X Mavericks (10.9.1)

Posted on Feb 24, 2014 3:32 PM

6 replies

Feb 25, 2014 1:50 PM in response to andyr.

First and formost andyr. Welcome to the Discussions.

Here is how you configure your e-mail.

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1277

Next you need to always check and make sure that your mail is up to date. Here is the link that explains that.

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT6030

And last is how you troubleshoot Sending e-mail.

http://support.apple.com/kb/TS3276

And last, when you start to answer an e-mail You can simply click the Return Key or the Enter Key and it will drop down a space and if you need more than one click it again and it will drop you down 2 spaces.

I hope this is what you were needing.

Cheers

Don

Feb 25, 2014 1:55 PM in response to seventy one

Here are some notes on colour coding.

Color-coding messages for identification

You can create a rule to automatically color-code messages so they’re easier to identify. For example, your rule can specify that messages from a specific sender have a red background, so you are sure to see them in message lists.

To color-code messages:

1. Choose Mail > Preferences and click Rules.

2. Add a new rule (click Add Rule), or edit an existing rule (select the rule and then click Edit).

3. Set the conditions in which you want the message to be colored (for example, if the sender is not in your address book).

4. From the “Perform the following actions” pop-up menus, choose “Set Color of Message” and then either “of background” or “of text.”

5. Choose a color from the pop-up menu, or choose Other and use the Colors window to select a color.

To color-code selected messages in the Message Viewer, choose Format > Show Colors and then select a color. Mail changes the background color of the messages in the list.