Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is today's request from Apple to verify my account genuine?

Is today' s email from apple requesting account verification genuine?

Posted on Feb 24, 2014 3:12 PM

4 replies

Mar 31, 2015 8:32 PM in response to deggie

Hey all - Looks like this scam is still alive and out there as of today 31 Mar 15. These guys made it look darn pretty legit - right down to the Apple copyright at the bottom. The first pic (blue line) is how it appears in your inbox. The second screen grab is what it looks like when you open the email.

1) How it appears in your Inbox: Looks like it is coming from Apple and the subject is: Verification System: Please Update Your Details.

User uploaded file

2) Here is what it looks like when you open the email. It looks like it could be an Apple ad. Please don't fall for it - NEVER click on a link in an email that asks you to log into ANY account to confirm or verify your information. NO legitimate company will ask their users to do this. Definitely a phishing attempt. DELETE this email. If you want to make sure your Apple ID is is good to go, open your own browser session and go to the Apple website and login to verify your account.

User uploaded file

Mar 31, 2015 9:28 PM in response to nfromnolanville

The bad English is a dead giveaway in my opinion:

"We inform you that"?

"conduct an audit to your information"?

People who actually speak English don't put together official sentences like that. You don't do an audit to something, you do an audit of something. Although "We inform you that" is not grammatically incorrect, what company would not precede that sort of sentence with "would like to"?

Certainly this isn't as egregious as some we have seen, but it is still just bad English.

Thanks for posting this, though. It is always good to have some tangible evidence for others who may be wondering about these types of phishing attempts.

Cheers,

GB

Is today's request from Apple to verify my account genuine?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.