Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Migrating Applications

I migrated applications from my ancient MBP updated to 10.6.8 and on the iMac I just received it's updated to Mavricks 10.9.1. I'm having a horrible time transfering from the MBP to the iMac. It cancels the transfer before it even starts. So, instead I tried from the Time Machine and it also stops the transfer and tells me it can't support certain apps. I delete those specific apps, and files associated with them and it still quits. I am worried because, I don't have my photoshop disk and I need the application to transfer, but when it does transfer, it says it is corrupted and needs to be reinstalled. Well, for me it's not an option, not having the disk and all. My brain is mush trying to figure this out. I've tried several suggestions to transfer between computers and/or from the hard drive. I even tried through file sharing, but it takes forever, and it only will transfer and open files (not applications; photoshop, etc.). I am desperate and just want my files and apps to transfer and for them to run. The transfered apps won't open, then it sends the data to apple. Is there any hope or help?

iMac, OS X Mavericks (10.9.1)

Posted on Feb 24, 2014 3:46 PM

2 replies

Feb 24, 2014 5:32 PM in response to AyrickaB

First and Formost Welcome to the discussions.

This has shown to be a problem that Tramsfering Older Software will not work unless Adobe or any of the other Programs you have are upgraded by the Software Manufacture, like Adobe. To Date many of the Software Developers have been Dragging there feet. Apple sent all of the software developers the Beta of Mavericks which would allow each and evertone of them the time to fix there software.

So don't be surprised because of your predicament. It is the Software Developers fault. Don't blame Apple.

It is another part of the game that Software Makers have to get us all to buy new Software.

Cheers

Don

Migrating Applications

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.