Thank you for visiting Apple Support Communities.
Here are the most common reasons for a device showing offline. I understand you do not have the device so some will be not applicable.
"No location available," "Offline," or "Location Services Off" alerts
This can occur if:
- The date on your device is incorrect. Choose Settings > General > Date & Time to check and set the date.
- Your iOS device is currently off or not connected to a data network (Edge, 3 or 4G, or Wi-Fi). Wait a few minutes and try again.
- Your iPad (Wi-Fi only), iPod Touch, or Mac is currently off or not connected to a Wi-Fi network.
- Location Services is not enabled on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod Touch (Settings > Privacy) or on your Mac (Date & Time) preferences. Learn more about Location Services on your Mac:
- You are located in a country where Apple does not offer this feature. This feature may not be available in all countries due to technical limitations or local law.
As you device is not locatable, I would recommend taking a look at the article below.