Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Get Info is moving song files to Music directory

I recently moved my entire itunes library from an old PC to a new PC. My itunes media folder remained "\Music\iTunes\iTunes Music" like my old PC. I copied the library xml file to keep things consistant. I had to make the iTunes Music directory because a fresh install of iTunes uses iTunes Media. Anyways, I've noticed a unique problem. iTunes created a "Music" directory in my "\Music\iTunes\iTunes Music" directory. It appears a small amount of my music was magically moved to this directory with the correct artist folder and album sub-folders. I'm not quite sure why it did that. If I import a new album it puts music in "\Music\iTunes\iTunes Music\Music" even though my preferences stated the media folder to be "\Music\iTunes\iTunes Music". To make things even weirder if I pick a song that's in an artist folder in "\Music\iTunes\iTunes Music\<artist folder>" and do a "Get Info" on the song in iTunes it automatically moves it to "\Music\iTunes\iTunes Music\Music\<artist folder>.

Has anyone experienced this and know how to correct it? I've double checked all my preferences and I'm stumped on why iTunes is doing this. ANy assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Windows 7

Posted on Feb 24, 2014 8:20 PM

There are no replies.

Get Info is moving song files to Music directory

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.