Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how to delete music from iphone

I want to free up about a gig on iphone to install this security update. It's maddening -- first, the Software Update strongly implies that Usage settings are where you go to delete stuff (it's not). I've decided to delete my music from the iphone, which frees up 5g, install the security update, and then rethink the music I want to reload on my iphone. But I can't find a way to delete my music! I even went to itunes on the mac, which SHOWED everything synced to iphone, but I couldn't for the life of me figure out how to simply eliminate all my music.

iPhone 4S, iOS 5.0.1

Posted on Feb 24, 2014 8:08 PM

1 reply

Feb 24, 2014 8:15 PM in response to Chap Harrison

Hi Chap,

Hook you phone back up to iTunes on your Mac, and select it under Devices in the sidebar. Once you have selected the device, click on the Music tab in the Device Profile screens to the right. If you are wanting to re-do all of your music anyway, then just uncheck the Sync Music box at the top, and then sync. All your music will be removed.

If you want to do your reorganizing instead, then underneath the Sync Music box, you will probably see that you have Sync Selected Songs, Playlists, Albums, ets. and below that, specific music checked to be sync'd. Uncheck anything you do not want sync'd and then sync the device.

Cheers,

GB

how to delete music from iphone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.