Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I understand there has been a hacker and I phones are being recalled, what can you tell me about this because I just did an update over the weekend and now I have had several hangup calls.

Does anyone know about this or is it farce?

iPhone 4, iOS 7.0.1

Posted on Feb 24, 2014 5:56 PM

1 reply

Feb 25, 2014 2:05 PM in response to monowau

There is no recall. There was an update (7.0.6) issued for a security issue. The issue involved the possibility of someone intercepting data transmitted from your phone in a very specific situation. In essence, you would have had to been using a wi-fi network where someone in a privileged position in that network (e.g., network admin) took advantage of the bug. None of that is likely to have affected you, had to do with data security rather than calls and wouldn't equate to hangup calls even if it did. http://support.apple.com/kb/HT6147

I understand there has been a hacker and I phones are being recalled, what can you tell me about this because I just did an update over the weekend and now I have had several hangup calls.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.