Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

any way to customize page count numerals?

I just made the potentially bad decision to update to the new version of Pages, and am banging my head against the wall.

In Pages '09, I could customize the type of numerals used when I inserted page numbers in the header/footer. This is kind of essential for the work that I do, as prefatory material is always marked by lowercase Roman numerals, while the body of the document is in Arabic numerals. I also need to be able to represent the numeral differences in the TOC.

I'm wondering if there's any way to make this happen in new!Pages. I've been trying, but can't seem to sort anything out. And I really don't want to have to revert to using MS Word.

Cheers!

Posted on Feb 24, 2014 11:38 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 24, 2014 11:59 PM

Why not just go back using Pages 09? You should still have it in Applications/iWork 09 folder. Banging heads is not a good idea!

2 replies

any way to customize page count numerals?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.