Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

battery drain on 7.0.6

Since I upgraded to 7.0.6 my battery drains at an alarming rate. Since 8:00 this morning I have made one call and checked email - the battery is now 51% after 2 hours! This was fine before the update.

I have cloased all apps - still have exactly the same issue. Phone gets hot now when screen is on suggestiig the processor is doing a lot of work.

Is it possible to downgrade back to 7.0.4 (I was on 7.0.4 before the update)?

iPhone 5s, iOS 7.0.6

Posted on Feb 25, 2014 1:06 AM

200 replies

Feb 25, 2014 2:35 AM in response to Teren49

i downloaded an app to see CPU usage average - with all apps closed apart from the CPU monitoring app the phone is running over 50% CPU average - something definitely wrong here.

my ipad mini retina - near identical CPU is running around 6% admn I have not cloed anything 7.0.4 - I will not update to 7.0.6 in case it screws my ipad too.

I tried swithcin off wifi, data, airplan mode etc - nothing helps. It has been unplugged now for 3.5 hours - a couple of calls and down to 15% battery.

Feb 25, 2014 2:49 AM in response to dpinparis

This is insane - it was supposed to fix the SSL security bug, battery should be the same as iOS 7.0.4 / 7.0.5.

I'll try to take it to the Genius Bar, exchange iPhones won't have 7.0.6 for sure. Jailbreak and installing SSLPatch will do the trick.

I have an iPad Mini retina too on 7.0.4. Better to stay away from iOS 7.0.6 just incase, yep. I'll install SSLPatch on it and that's it 😉.

Feb 26, 2014 1:55 AM in response to cshepp

Well today all seems fine. I wonder if they made some changes which caused the phone to reindex files or something - I am not sure how many emails I have on my phone but the inbox shows 18k - if these were being reindexed perhaps if would account for the high CPU.

Today - so far normal battery usages - lost just 9% so far...

Feb 26, 2014 6:22 AM in response to dpinparis

I also face issues with my battery since I updated to 7.0.6.

Here the current usage details of today:

Used my iPhone 5 for 1 hour and 32 minutes / 4 hour 43 minutes in standby and started with a fully charged battery (charged over night).

Now battery is at 33%. Now that is really bad. Battery will not survice a whole day. Before it was no problem at all. Something is terribly wrong here. 😢

battery drain on 7.0.6

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.