Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iOS 7.0.6 lock screen indicators (4 dots) invisible with solid black background

After upgrading to iOS 7.0.6, the four small circles under "Enter Passcode" that provide feedback for a four-digit lock screen code are no longer visible with a solid black background. Call me boring, but I have had a solid black background since my iPhone 3 with no problems until now. Functionally, the four-digit passcode still works; you just do not see any visual feedback as you type.

iPhone 4S, iOS 7.0.6

Posted on Feb 25, 2014 12:49 AM

2 replies

Feb 25, 2014 1:56 AM in response to enricom808

Additional testing results:

* Other solid VGA color backgrounds, not black or gray, the four circles are visible.

* Solid gray with RGB value <1,1,1>, four circles not visible.

* Solid gray with RGB value <20, 20, 20>, four circles slightly visible.

* Solid gray with RGB value <26, 26, 26>, four circles visible.

Motivation for solid black background:

This phone is for business use, and I designed a custom background with a solid black background and a solid white company logo in the middle. The black background blends with the face of the iPhone and the white logo provides strong contrast that catches attention. The obvious work-around of adjusting the black background to be a little lighter works but the contrast is reduced. Sure, this isn't a critical issue, but if you are a graphic designer or Apple, then these details might be important.

User uploaded file.

Feb 25, 2014 3:04 AM in response to enricom808

Additional testing results:

* Strangely, after posting this and using the phone for about 10 minutes, the four circles on the lock screen were visible again when using a solid black background.

* When I first noticed this issue yesterday, I noticed the four circles were visible at least once, then they were not visible on subsequent lock screens. During this time, I had a solid black background for the lock and home screens and did not make any changes.

* Now I tried setting different lock screen and different home screen combinations, and I tried leaving apps open and closing all apps before locking the phone to recreate the problem, but the circles are visible now.

* I am monitoring to see if the problem returns.

iOS 7.0.6 lock screen indicators (4 dots) invisible with solid black background

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.