Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Bluetooth issues with new iOS 7.0.6 update?

hey there, i updated my iphone five to the new ios 7.0.6 last night. it has been working like normal since.. until i got into my car.. i am always able to connected via bluetooth to my pioneer stereo, and i have never had an issue, and now neither my phone not stereo can find eachother? any reasons why?

iPhone 5, iOS 7.0.6

Posted on Feb 25, 2014 1:55 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 25, 2014 2:16 AM

Try to retore you're network parameters

General > Reset > Reset Network settings

4 replies

Mar 1, 2014 9:22 AM in response to macsuperuser

Now it works (again). What I did.....

I marked the entry "Mazda" on the iPhone preferences as "ignored".

Then I restarted the iPhone and the car.

After a while I reconnected the phone to the car and initialized a new pairing

...at this moment, the adrressbook was not synched - so I forgot the problem

.....hours later I entered the Car with bluetooth on - and everything works fine

See you, Peter

Mar 1, 2014 1:41 PM in response to Lxuis

I addition, one may need to make changes to the car's Bluetooth settings. In a recent Honda CR-V, I did the following to fix my connection. This assumes that the phone has previously been paired with the car.

1. Follow the instructions to reset your phone's network settings, above.
  2. Select "Phone" on your car's audio system. Chances are, it will display the following message: "No phones are connected. Would you like to connect to a phone?" If you attempt to reconnect using the car's old phone list, it will probably fail. So, when prompted, say "No".
  3. Select "Phone Setup"
  4. Select "Connection"
  5. Select "Delete a Phone". Scroll through the list and delete and confirm your phone's old entry.
  6. After this is done, you should be back in the "Connection" menu. Select "Add a New Phone"
  7. Select one of the "Empty" slots.
  8. Go to the iPhone's Bluetooth setup and make sure it's in "discoverable" mode. Should be already. Otherwise, cycle Bluetooth off and on. When the car prompts you with the confirmation message "Turn on your phone's Bluetooth setting....", select OK
  9. Your phone's identification should appear in the car's menu; scroll and select it
  10. The car will give you a pairing code, e.g., "HandsFreeLink. Enter the pairing code "XXXX" into your phone." Do so. Select "Pair" on your iPhone (upper right hand corner). If successful, a message will appear and your phone will now appear in the car's menu.

At this point you should be done. Test other functions. Other settings unique to your phone may need to be restored as well.

Good luck.

Bluetooth issues with new iOS 7.0.6 update?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.