Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why does my iphone 5c keep disconnecting when charging in my VW polo?

I recently bought and iphone 5c, my car has an MDI port so i can play my music through the head unit and also charge the phone. this worked perfectly fine with my old iphone 4 and appears to work with my friends iphone 5's. When mine is plugged in it disconnects and reconnects every 25 seconds or so.

I don't think it's the car or the wire itself as it seems to work fine with other iphones. Any ideas?

Posted on Feb 25, 2014 1:53 AM

3 replies

Feb 26, 2014 4:15 AM in response to diesel vdub

I have the official VW iphone 5 adaptor. I have tried 3rd party 30pin to lightning adaptors to put on the end of my old iphone 4 mdi cable but they only charged the phone. they weren't compatable with audio.

i've tried my friends iphone 5 in it today so i'm starting to think its the phone. but why would it work sometimes and act up other days?

Why does my iphone 5c keep disconnecting when charging in my VW polo?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.