Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is there a way to enter an event time in Calendar as a reminder for me and NOT have Calendar erase it in the info as it reads it into the event start and end times?

Calendar can recognize and derive event start and end times from the text description entered. However, when it seizes on a time (start and/or end) and automatically enters it as the start and/or end time, it also (sigh) deletes the time from the text. I enter the times as reminders for me, how can one prevent them from being deleted by Calendar??

Mac mini, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.5), Calendar 6.0

Posted on Feb 25, 2014 5:20 AM

3 replies

Sep 1, 2015 4:02 PM in response to Snoosh

This is the most frustrating thing about Mac calendars since I've ever owned a Mac.

Why does the Mac Calendar insist on stripping out the time (eg 11am) from the label. Basically the calendar deletes the most valuable part of having a calendar,...seeing what time your next event or meeting is.

What good is a calendar that just says "meeting" on a day. So much better if it could actually show "11am meeting". (Which it won't allow)....crazy.

So I look at my calendar quickly to scan for today's important things,...great a "meeting",...when? Dunno, calendar won't show time.

I made many attempts today to try and get the time to stay in my label. Finally "11_am_meeting_with_soandso" works! But silly. Could the time stripping from label at least be an option in the preferences:

- leave label as is

- remove time from label.

Is there a way to enter an event time in Calendar as a reminder for me and NOT have Calendar erase it in the info as it reads it into the event start and end times?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.