Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Upgrade Aperture 3.2.4 Library to 3.5.1

Hi,

I just upgraded from a MBP 1.83 GHz to a new iMac.

I am trying to open or import my MBP Aperture Library (3.2.4) in my iMac Library (3.5.1), but Aperture tells me:

The library could not be imported because it is from an out of date version of Aperture 3. Please upgrade the library to the latest version of Aperture 3 and try again.

When I go to File > Switch to Library > Other / New and select the MBP Library, Aperture tells me:

The selected library is from an older version of Aperture and requires a relaunch to switch.

Choose “Relaunch” to relaunch Aperture with the new library.

But then nothing happens, and Aperture reopens the current library.

Problem is that I cannot upgrade from my MBP as I cannot upgrade to the latest version of macos.

Therefore, I wonder how to proceed.

Any advice will be welcome!

Thanks

Hugo

iMac (21.5-inch, Late 2013), Mac OS X (10.4.6)

Posted on Feb 25, 2014 5:22 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 25, 2014 5:26 AM

Locate the library in the Finder and double click it. Aperture will open and ask if you want to update it.

3 replies

Mar 24, 2014 3:11 AM in response to Hugorille

Hello, I thought I'd chime in on this too, because I have had a lot of trouble getting this to work as well.

I followed lots of post around the internet and found nothing worked.

I did the usual upgrade thing that most people have done, and upgraded from Snow Leopard to Mavericks, only I had this exact problem, and I got stuck in the endless loop too. I tried clearing out the user preferences and restarting the computer, only to have it still not work.

Fortunately for me, when I installed Mavericks, I did it on to a fresh SSD drive, and left my Snow Leopard "Macintosh HD" still bootable.

I booted in to SL, and I then ran Apeture, 3.2.4. I did a repair of the DB. (hold down OPTION and COMMAND when starting to get the repair message) at the start.

When it was complete, I restarted the computer back in to Mavericks and then tried loading the Library the same way as before. Eg. File, Switch to Library, Import/Open etc. Still nothing.

I then just did as the above posts suggested. I found the library, and double clicked it, and it said, Do you wish to upgrade to 3.5.1. YES. It seems to be working so far.

Thanks. Just thought I'd share, in case any more information for others was key as well.

Upgrade Aperture 3.2.4 Library to 3.5.1

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.