Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Using an external drive in Aperture

Hi

If I have two librarys in aperture would it be possible to remove the libaray on my computer and use the one on an external drive that is called library 2?

2.93GHz Intel Core i7, Mac OS X (10.6.7), Memory 8GB also Mac OS X now (10.7)

Posted on Feb 25, 2014 6:00 AM

5 replies

Feb 25, 2014 6:44 AM in response to George Hilton

What is your Aperture version, George?

You can use the second library on your external drive by double clicking it. That will open it in Aperture and make it your current library.

To save the images, that are in your current library on the internal drive, copy the internal library to the external and test it, before you delete it from your internal drive. Or import this library into your "Library 2" with "File > Import > Library". THis will merge it into your second library, if you want to join the libraries on your external drive.

-- Léonie

Feb 25, 2014 8:37 AM in response to George Hilton

After that can I save to voult on another external drive?

If you are using an Aperture library on an external drive, you can back it upp to vaults like any library on your internal drive, also to vaults on a second external drive, if you can connect two external drives to your mac.

Just make sure, that all drives you are using with Aperture are formatted correctly - MacOS X Extended (Journaled).

Using an external drive in Aperture

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.