Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

No network, WiFi, 3G after iOS 7.0.6 Update (iPhone 4s)

Following my update to iOS 7.0.6 which completed with no apparent problems, my phone has lost all connectivity to my network, WiFi and 3G services.

'Carrier Settings' no longer appears in my Settings menu, and in 'About' I cannot view IC, or IMEI number - they appear to have disappeared. Furthermore, Network appears as "Not available".

Instead of 'Sim Fault', 'No Sim', or carrier information in the top left of the screen I have 'Searching' instead.

I have spoken to my network provider who cannot provide me an answer, and instead have pointed me in the direction of Apple.

I have attempted the following thus far with no result:

• Soft reset - same result
  • Recovery mode reset - same result
  • Reset all settings and content - Not possible as cannot verify Apple ID password with no internet connectivity
  • Reset carrier settings - same result
  • Restore iPhone via iTunes - Not possible as cannot turn off Find My iPhone, cannot verify Apple ID to turn off function without internet connectivity
  • Attempted different sim in same phone - no change, 'Searching' still present in top left and no WiFi / 3G

Please if anyone can offer any support in this matter I would greatly appreciate it.

iPhone 4S, iOS 7.0.6

Posted on Feb 25, 2014 6:55 AM

6 replies

Mar 1, 2014 8:59 AM in response to Joshm88

I had the same problem, no network at all just after upgrading to 7.0.6. However, as opposed to your case, in my case the WiFi was still working, and I could backup my iPhone and restore it. After the restore now it works like a charm.

Sorry if my answer is not helpful to you, I just wanted to point out that this is a big problem with the 7.0.6.

Mar 5, 2014 9:21 PM in response to Joshm88

I just updated from iOS 7.0.4 to 7.0.6 and now my carrier signal is UNSTABLE. It will have a complete signal with 3G, and then after a few seconds the 3G signal will be lost and then the carrier symbol will be lost, and then the signal bar will decrease from 5 bars to no signal at all and then just repeat the cycle. 😐 I can receive messages but only when the signal is complete. I'm very frustrated coz i also use mg 3G connection as my internet through tethering but since the signal is unstable, i can't use it properly!

Mar 7, 2014 5:28 AM in response to daremigio

Same here. At random points throughout the day I lose 3G - still have a signal (I'm with Three in the UK) but just no data! Only way to get it back is to reboot. Have tried restoring but to no avail. Have not tried setting up from new but as the issues also affects my partner's phone I'm not convinced it's worth the effort. Roll on 7.1!!!

No network, WiFi, 3G after iOS 7.0.6 Update (iPhone 4s)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.