Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

when syncing large database of photos (107,000 photos) constituting nearly 35GB, itunes takes forever on "importing photos" even if i select only 1 folder of 10 images. Windows 7, IPAD Air both latest versions. photo library is on my local internal HD .

i tried selecting a folder with less than 50 photos as my source, importing photos phase still takes longer than what sounds normal for such a small number of photos, but the job is done nevertheless.

But what is worth noting, is that even if i run another pass of sync without touching the photos section (i.e. neither adding nor deleting any photo from the previous sync) it still takes the same amount of time on the "importing photos" phase.

when i select the actual photo library folder as my source (the one containing the 107,000 photos); at that point even selecting a subfolder in it that contains merely 10 photos generates the same dilemma.

i tried photoshop elements, spent like 4 hours building my library there, hoping that if i select it as the source in the photo tab in itunes, things would work out for the better, i was mistaken!

at this point am really out of options, and need some serious help.

few extra diagnostic infos:

the above manifests even on other devices like my iphone5.

the computer used is not exactly top notch but works for my Autocad drawings, i figure it should suffice for itunes (Dell Pentium D 3.19Ghz, 4GB Ram, 3TB HD, running windows 7 (32bit) ultimate)

the above persists when i sync wirelessly (not a USB bug issue)

please any help is appreciated, if you need further details, kindly let me know

Windows 7, 128GB ipad air with 4G.

Posted on Feb 25, 2014 6:45 AM

1 reply

Nov 23, 2016 4:58 PM in response to assaadd

A question for you. Maybe this is not an issue for you anymore. I have 50,000 photos. I have not problem with them on my Mac. I'm trying to sync them all to my iPhone 6+. I have plenty of room. I did it a year ago, but now that I have a new iPhone I can only get about 30,000 pics to sync. After that it just hangs. I have multiple issues after about half my pictures. Just wondering if you sync them to your iPhone.

when syncing large database of photos (107,000 photos) constituting nearly 35GB, itunes takes forever on "importing photos" even if i select only 1 folder of 10 images. Windows 7, IPAD Air both latest versions. photo library is on my local internal HD .

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.