Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Having trouble updating to IOS 7 on my ipad 2. It updated via itunes, but ipad itself went right to restoring. Now it's sitting at "connect to itunes" or sometimes "connected to itunes" but nothing is happening. Help!

Having trouble updating to IOS 7 on my ipad 2. It supposedly successfully updated via itunes, but ipad itself went right to restoring. I went thru the process, seeing no other option. Chose country, language, thru itunes, and now it's sitting at "connect to itunes" or sometimes "connected to itunes" but nothing is happening. Help! I can't get anywhere else on my ipad to even see what operating system it says is now on it.

iPad 2, iOS 7.0.6

Posted on Feb 25, 2014 8:57 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 27, 2014 10:01 AM

Hi TinainSWFL,

Thanks for visiting Apple Support Communities.

If you see the "connect to iTunes" screen on your iPad but you are unable to restore it, I recommend the troubleshooting steps in this article:

Resolve iOS update and restore errors in iTunes

http://support.apple.com/kb/ts1275

Best Regards,

Jeremy

1 reply

Having trouble updating to IOS 7 on my ipad 2. It updated via itunes, but ipad itself went right to restoring. Now it's sitting at "connect to itunes" or sometimes "connected to itunes" but nothing is happening. Help!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.