Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Tuxera & external hard drives: already existing folders seem empty?t

So I bought a Macbook Pro just recently. Previously I've had windows and I have two external hard drives, both are NTFS so I installed Tuxera so I could create new folders and save stuff on them.

Now the problem: I can create new folders and stuff but somehow when I open already excisting folders, they seem to be empty (nothing's coming up on them). However, when I checked the available space on disk, it was the same as before (and I'm talking about every folder on that hard drive so lots of Gt's of stuff, not just one movie or something) so apparently it hasn't vanished either? It just doesn't show up when I open the folders. And I know there is stuff there because I used it yesterday and it showed me the movie file that was in the folder. Now it seems empty.

Help?

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Mavericks (10.9.1)

Posted on Feb 25, 2014 9:33 AM

6 replies

Feb 25, 2014 4:35 PM in response to katrinascarlett

And yes I'm sorry for replying this to many times but I'm really on a verge of a panic attack:

2/3 of the files on the external hard drives seem to be vanished but the space is still occupied so i'd assume they're still there somewhere but they don't show. It's really important for me to get them back because I had all my photos and everything on those two hard drives and they're vital to me and to my work. I repaired the drives through disk control.

Please someone help me as soon as possible, I really can't even sleep when I don't know that they are not there... (i'm not usually this important but i can't literally even breathe right now)

Feb 25, 2014 4:43 PM in response to katrinascarlett

two fundamental errors

1. purchase another or 2 hard drives since HD are cheap as dirt and format them for your Mac in Mac OSX ext. journaled OR in Exfat on Win8 for use with both PC and Mac

2. Tuxera is known unreliable product.

Verify if the drives are fine on your PC, stop using Tuxera, use an EXFAT formatted drive for between PC and Mac.

You could have a dead sata bridge card on the HD.

Feb 25, 2014 5:01 PM in response to PlotinusVeritas

I connected them to my PC, and it also showed that the used/free space on the disk is the same BUT it also didn't show the vanished files.

So the problem remains the same, how can i get them back cause obvs the space is still in use.

I uninstalled Tuxera before repairing the hard drives though disk control. Also the files "vanished" after doing the disk repair (only the excisting folders seemed to be empty after tuxera) so tuxera didn't play a role in that one.

Tuxera & external hard drives: already existing folders seem empty?t

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.