Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Hi, I used to have an Apple ID but lost the password and do not have access to the old email. I have created a new Apple ID but when I try to update software on my MacPro I am prompted the old ID even though I am signed in with the new Apple ID?

Hi,

I used to have an Apple ID but lost the password and do not have access to the old email. I have created a new Apple ID but whenever I try to update software on my MacPro, I am still prompted the old ID, even though I am signed in with the new Apple ID. Any ideas how to solve this? Thank you,

MacBook Pro

Posted on Feb 25, 2014 10:07 AM

1 reply

Feb 25, 2014 10:48 AM in response to MrScr

Content and Apple IDs -

Content is forever tied to the Apple ID that bought it. Apple does not transfer content from one Apple ID to another. Apple does not merge Apple IDs. You will never be able to access your content bought with another Apple ID with a new Apple ID.

Apple ID security issues -

Call Apple Care and ask for the Account Security Team. They can assist you with your issue of recovering the old Apple ID.

Hi, I used to have an Apple ID but lost the password and do not have access to the old email. I have created a new Apple ID but when I try to update software on my MacPro I am prompted the old ID even though I am signed in with the new Apple ID?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.