Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Memory Vanishes

I have an iPhone 4 that I loaded ios7 on a while back. It is an 8GB phone, but now when I look at the phone information it is telling me it has only 6.1GB. BUT! Here is the worse part. If I erase an app or a bunch of photos, whatever memory is cleared up immediately disappears. I deleted Facebook from my phone as an experiment. This cleared up 150MB for me. I downloaded one Podcast at 60MB, and it told me that my memory was then at 0mb. I removed the podcast, and my memory remained at ZERO! Where is my memory going!?!?!?!??! I have nothing running in the background, all settings are on manual. I have 9 apps, and 40 photos, no videos! This is insane! What is happening to my memory!!!!! Please help! When I remove something I cannot put it back, my phone is diminishing, and this *****!

iPhone 4, iOS 7

Posted on Feb 25, 2014 10:47 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 25, 2014 12:02 PM

Did you check the "other" section on the phone? If it is bigger than 2GB, that's what takes all free space on your phone. Data that can't be read by the phone will be stored at this location. The only way to get it back is by restoring the phone.

Set it up as new device, there might as well be damaged files inside your latest backup.

How to back up your data and set up as a new device

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 25, 2014 12:02 PM in response to Nixon1975

Did you check the "other" section on the phone? If it is bigger than 2GB, that's what takes all free space on your phone. Data that can't be read by the phone will be stored at this location. The only way to get it back is by restoring the phone.

Set it up as new device, there might as well be damaged files inside your latest backup.

How to back up your data and set up as a new device

Feb 25, 2014 12:07 PM in response to Ingo2711

Can I check the "Other" section without my phone being hooked up to my computer? Would this explain why when I do erase something the memory that I've created is immediately used up by seemingly nothing? I am definitely going to restore the phone, I just hadn't heard of anyone else having this problem, and was hoping there was an easier way to fix it.

Memory Vanishes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.