Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

The redesigned iPad Air and new iPad Pro with Apple silicon are now available. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

downloading apple USB driver

I do not have the apple USB driver on my Windows8 system and can't find where to download it. It is causing my PC to not recognize any of my devices.

iPad, iOS 7.0.6

Posted on Feb 25, 2014 11:29 AM

4 replies

Feb 25, 2014 12:07 PM in response to klw51

The driver should automatically install when you plug in your device. You can try using a different USB port.

You can go into the control panel, add/remove programs. Look for Apple Mobile Device service. Uninstall that then plug your iPad in and see if that triggers the download. (you may need to give it a couple of seconds to start the install)

If that doesn't work, try uninstalling iTunes, Apple Mobile device service, Apple application support. THen redownload and reinstall iTunes from scratch (it won't delete your library)

There is another way to force it, but I dont' have my WIn 8 laptop handy to look it up. If the other things don't work I can look later for how to force the driver to update.

downloading apple USB driver

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.