Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Where can I buy a brand new imac g5?

Hi do any of you know where I could purchase a brand new imac g5 from many thanks

iPad mini Wi-Fi, iOS 7.0.6

Posted on Feb 25, 2014 1:11 PM

7 replies

Feb 25, 2014 1:17 PM in response to WillH15

Finding a new, unused G5 is not going to be easy...but if you want one, you could look into a used G5 such as an iMac, then buy a new logic board from someplace like iFixit.com and install the new logic board and have a machine that runs like it did new. Of course, you cannot go beyond Mac OS X 10.5.8 so you won't have the Mac App Store, iCloud, and on and on.

Feb 25, 2014 1:28 PM in response to WillH15

This is is the iPad forum. Perhaps posting in one of the desktop computer forums may be a better option.

In any case an iMac G5 is the 2006 model of the All in one. Don't think new versions of those exist anywhere.

If you mean the Last gen Mac Pro (looked like G5 Power Mac) which is the predecessor to the new Mac Pro black cylinder: since apple no longer makes that version, but instead is making the New Mac Pros now, its probably going to be difficult to find a new G5. Unless a computer store happens to have left over inventory.

Price would tentatively be lower, but again finding one is going to be very difficult.

Where can I buy a brand new imac g5?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.