Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iMAC OS 10.8.5 wifi problems with Time Capsule 4th gen.

Having difficulty with WiFi connection between my iMAC 27" MID-2011 MODEL (OS 10.8.5) and Time Capsule 4th generation (3TB). Only my iMAC has problems dropping the wifi signal. I've rebooted TC and computer repeatedly, to no avail. WiFi goes out repeatedly throughout the day. Is there a more permanent solution? I didn't have this problem with my older iMAC. Is it time to get rid of TC and go back to Airport Extreme? Thanks for any info 🙂.

Time Capsule 802.11n (4th Gen)

Posted on Feb 25, 2014 1:18 PM

4 replies

Feb 27, 2014 1:02 PM in response to Zamo1951

I have 3 2TB drives and they all work fine. Have you tried resetting the Time Capsule using the reset on the back?

See pages 28 and 29. Using Airport Utility (page 29), I don’t see the options the manual says are there. I have done a reset and a full reset (page 28) many times and it has always straightened out the Time Capsule.

Time Capsule Manual

Troubleshooting Wi-Fi issues in OS X

Wireless Connection Problems - Fix

Wireless Connection Problems - Fix (2)

Wireless Connection Problems - Fix (3)

Wireless Connection Problems - Fix (4)

Wireless Diagnostics - About

Mar 8, 2014 6:51 PM in response to Zamo1951

Apparently this was a false alarm. Once I reconnected the time Capsule (new name) with my iMAC and turned time Machine back on, the wifi signal drop began anew. Unable to complete full TC back ups. There's definitely a problem between Time Machine and Time Capsule. But I can't figure out how to remedy. Apple Support was of no use. Anyone else have an idea? Thanks!

iMAC OS 10.8.5 wifi problems with Time Capsule 4th gen.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.