Newsroom Update

Beginning in May, a special Today at Apple series titled “Made for Business” will offer small business owners and entrepreneurs free opportunities to learn how Apple products and services can support their growth and success. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Creating a Configurator profile for ATV on WPA2 Enterprise?

Alright, so I have a couple of Apple TVs (latest version) which I want to get up and running on our wireless network here at work. We have a WPA/WPA2 Enterprise network. Our access point is simply an Airport Extreme and the RADIUS server is running on OS X Server 10.6.

I understand that I have to load the Apple TV with a profile to get it to connect to the wireless network but I can't for the life of me figure out what the correct settings are for my network. I'd ask our IT department but the problem is that I am the IT department.

When I try to connect using the profiles I've created I get the error "There was a problem connecting to the network. Check your settings and try again. (-369033215).

The first issue (I believe) is that I might not be choosing the right EAP types. In configurator I can choose TLS. TTLS, LEAP, PEAP, EAP-FAST, EAP-SIM, or EAP-AKA. I have no idea which one I should be choosing or how to figure out which types my network supports. Also some of them want me to enter an outer identity which again, I have no idea what to put there.

The second issue may be the trusted certificates - I may not have the correct one(s). When I check the RADIUS server settings, it shows that I'm using a self-signed certificate that I generated quite a while ago (we don't have any actual certs, just self-signed ones - small office, not my area of expertise so I didn't want to waste company money without knowing what I was doing). So, what I did was I opened up Keychain Access, found that certificate, exported it, and imported it into Configurator. I imported it into Trusted Certificates but I didn't put anything in for Trusted Server Certificate Names - should I put anything in there?

Any help is appreciated.

Posted on Feb 25, 2014 2:22 PM

There are no replies.

Creating a Configurator profile for ATV on WPA2 Enterprise?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.