Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Second Display Goes Blank

I am having an issue with my second display working with my MacBook Pro. The issue presented as a monitor issue. The MacBook pro has a second monitor and it is a dual monitor setup. The monitor was appearing to randomly turn off and back on. I replaced the monitor, DVI cable and the DVI to Thunderbolt Port Adapter. None of this seemed to work. I tried switching to another Thunderbolt Port and it did the same thing. However I noticed that when I touched the cable slightly, it came back on for a second. I switched it back to the first port and did the same thing and it came back on again. So I started thinking it might have been a hardware issue in the Mac. I ran the Apple Hardware Test and it said there is nothing wrong. So I rebooted the computer and plugged the cable back in and it was working for a few minutes. But then I opened Adobe Illustrator CS6 and it went blank again. So I closed Illustrator and the display came back on. I opened Illustrator again and the display turned off again. Closed it a second time and it came back on. I also noticed that it is doing the same thing when I launch iTunes or the App Store. The only thing that these applications have in common is that they open on that display. So I can't figure out what is happening here.

Just a recap of the troubleshooting I have done so far:

Replaced Monitor, DVI, and DVI to Thunderbolt

Switched Thunderbolt Ports

Ran Hardware Test

No Joy – Any Advice???

MacBook Pro, OS X Mavericks (10.9.2)

Posted on Feb 25, 2014 2:45 PM

There are no replies.

Second Display Goes Blank

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.