Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Please answer my question!!!

Ok, so if I buy an iphone 5c, do I automatically have a monthly plan, or do I need to go to my carrier and get one? Does that make sense? Basically, I don't want to pay $55 a month for Verizon, because I want to talk to Verizon and see if i can get a cheaper plan. so when i buy my iphone, am i in a contract for the $55 a month automatically, or do i go to Verizon and get my contract there?

iPhone 5c

Posted on Feb 25, 2014 4:40 PM

2 replies

Feb 25, 2014 4:48 PM in response to Blubea

If you an iphone at full price from the Apple store, you can set up a plan with your carrier without signing a contract. You just need to make sure to buy the right phone for the correct carrier. Verizon CDMA phones won't work with AT&T....

The contract is only needed if the carrier is subsidizing the price and avoid the need of paying over $650 for a device.

Please answer my question!!!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.