Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Need Help Getting some kind of malware or spyware off of my Macbook

only tonight i accidently cofirmed a download for a download manager stupidly, by accident the download manager had this symbol and even more idiotic of me i cannot remember the name of it i just trashed it immediatly.

User uploaded file

That green arrow, and now all my cookies and advertisements are screwed up also things like this are appearing in my browser

User uploaded file

This is coming up in my search engines i get unwanted links and stupid links to other sites

User uploaded file

WOULD BE ETERNALLY GRATEFUL FOR A FIX FOR THIS ASAP AS I AM GETTING SLIGHTLY WORRIED THANK YOU!!

MacBook Pro, Please as soon as possible

Posted on Feb 25, 2014 5:35 PM

1 reply

Feb 25, 2014 7:50 PM in response to KelsoTurtle 5995

You installed the "DownLite" adware, perhaps under a different name. Remove it as follows.

Back up all data.

Triple-click anywhere in the line below on this page to select it:

/Library/Application Support/VSearch

Right-click or control-click the line and select

Services Reveal in Finder (or just Reveal)

from the contextual menu.* A folder should open with an item named "VSearch" selected. Drag the selected item to the Trash. You may be prompted for your administrator login password.

Repeat with each of these lines:

/Library/LaunchAgents/com.vsearch.agent.plist /Library/LaunchDaemons/com.vsearch.daemon.plist /Library/LaunchDaemons/com.vsearch.helper.plist /Library/LaunchDaemons/Jack.plist /Library/PrivilegedHelperTools/Jack /System/Library/Frameworks/VSearch.framework

After moving all the files, restart and empty the Trash.

This unwanted program is distributed on illegal websites that traffic in pirated movies. If you, or anyone else who uses the computer, visit such sites and follow prompts to install software, you can expect much worse to happen in the future.

*If you don't see the contextual menu item, copy the selected text to the Clipboard by pressing the key combination command-C. In the Finder, select

Go Go to Folder...

from the menu bar, paste into the box that opens (command-V). You won't see what you pasted because a line break is included. Press return.

Need Help Getting some kind of malware or spyware off of my Macbook

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.