Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

replace default contacts images

This may seem small compared to losing all contacts or something, but it makes me batty. I would like to add an image to a contact card in "Contacts."

Yes, I know how to add a default image, but what good is placing a #@$%# basketball or a snowflake going to do??

And how stupid is it that the camera option is ready to take a picture of me?? So every contact in my Address Book will have a picture of me? Who thought of that?

I want:

A) an image of my friend (duh). I may not have it in iPhoto. It may be something I screenshot off of FB. A picture.

or

B) a map -maybe instead of a face, I want a picture of a building where they work or a map pic to their home, this would actually be useful.

I do not want, and cannot imagine a use for, a random image of a flower. Was somebody high when they created these options?

So can somebody tell me how I can go to wherever those dumb images are stored, in whatever library or folder, make them visable, delete them and replace them with images I would actually use?

TIA.

OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.5)

Posted on Feb 25, 2014 7:35 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 25, 2014 10:57 PM

Well, here is the solution:

Open Contacts. Click the entry you wish to insert the photo for. Click "Edit" Then ...

Simply drag the photo you wish to use to the Photo box in that contact's information!

What could be simpler?

3 replies

replace default contacts images

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.