Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Automatic Import from Folder includes Duplicates

I'm trying to create an automator Folder Action to import a folder which contains editied photos that have been converted to JPG using Photoshop. I've figured out how to automate the process using the Import Photos process, but I can't figure out how to get it to not import the files that are already in the folder. The folder updates every time a new photo is added--which is what I want--but also includes the photos that have already been placed in the new project. It seems like the automator script is missing the "don't import duplicates" function, or am I missing something? Is there a way to automate the process to NOT include files which have already been imported?

Thanks!

~Carlos

iMac (20-inch Mid 2007), OS X Mavericks (10.9.1)

Posted on Feb 25, 2014 9:44 PM

1 reply

Feb 26, 2014 6:21 AM in response to Carlos_M

It would be best if you included your Automaor workflow so we could see what you are doing.

But basically a folder action is given a list of the files that have been added to the folder so if you just import those file you should not have a duplicate problem (unless you are adding files to the folder that were already imported).

If instead of using the list of added files you are going through the folder then you will see the files you have imported already.

You could also set the option Delete Source Images after Importing Them.

This workflow will import the images placed into the folder Photo Import, delete them after they are imported and put up an alert when it is done.

User uploaded file

Message was edited by: Frank Caggiano - One last thing the settings in the Import Pane do not apply when importing directly into Aperture like this.

Automatic Import from Folder includes Duplicates

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.