Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

If i change my device name will the name i had before be able to be tracked?

Eg: i change my name from Jack's iPad to John's iPad, can that change be tracked by anyone other than apple? (iPad Air with latest update as of 26/2)

iPad, iOS 7.0.6

Posted on Feb 25, 2014 9:10 PM

14 replies

Feb 25, 2014 10:00 PM in response to Diavonex

It isn't mine, i found an iPad at uni and it had a few apps on it but it didn't hve anything logged in and all the settings looked like they were the factory ones, and the name was just "iPad". I was wondering if i could run a program on my computer that might show me what the previous names were so that i could track down the owner.

Feb 25, 2014 10:16 PM in response to Diavonex

I live in Australia, i don't know if you do, and handing lost valuables to police usually won't help unless the person actually walks in to that police station and asks if they have had an iPad handed in. I went to the main office at uni where they have a lost and found room or whatever you'd like to call it, but they said that i shouldn't put things worth more than $100 there and that it would be better if i took it home and tried to find who it was, and if i couldn't just bring it back and wait for someone to come in and claim it. Do you know of any way to look at past ipad names or wallpapers or even passwords to try and see whose it was?

If i change my device name will the name i had before be able to be tracked?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.