Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why can't bluetooth support more than one item at a time?

I have a HDX JAM bluetooth speaker which allows me to play music from my iPhone to a nice loud powered portable speaker. The speaker needs to be paired naturally. I wanted to add another HDX JAM so I could hear the music in a couple of rooms as I did household chores, but alas, when I turn one on the other goes silent, in other words, the bluetooth from the iPhone is only allowing me to hear one or the other but not both. Why is this? They both are paired with different numbers, I can have a wireless keyboard and another wireless device paired with my computer, at least I think that works as I also have a wireless bluetooth printer that runs off the computer and the keyboard also and they do not need to be run independently. What am I missing here?

TIA,

Ken

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Mavericks (10.9), 16G RAM

Posted on Feb 25, 2014 10:49 PM

There are no replies.

Why can't bluetooth support more than one item at a time?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.