Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Trying to Install Windows 7 onto MBP Mid-2010 but I get this "No bootable device -- Insert boot disk and press any key". What do I do?

I'm trying to install Windows 7 onto my MacBook Pro Mid-2010 (MacBookPro6,2) from a USB drive, since my Super Drive no longer will burn DVDs or CDs. I did the XCODE trick to allow me to make the bootable USB. But when it reboots after partitioning I get this, "No bootable device -- Insert boot disk and press any key" message. When I press a key after reinserting the USB it still won't boot after pressing a key. I unplugged anything connected to it and it still doesn't work. Is there any way I can get it to be recongized or do I just need to get an external disc drive and burn a disc that way?

MacBook Pro, OS X Mavericks (10.9.2), Boot Camp v. 5.1.0

Posted on Feb 26, 2014 2:30 AM

1 reply

Trying to Install Windows 7 onto MBP Mid-2010 but I get this "No bootable device -- Insert boot disk and press any key". What do I do?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.