Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Keyboard command for changing sheet Numbers

Is there any keyboard command to use if you would like to change sheet. I often work with one sheet with information to be looked up quite often, allt the accountnumbers for instance. And to change sheet with the mouse is just stealing small pieces of time.

Leif

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Mavericks (10.9.1)

Posted on Feb 26, 2014 3:11 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 26, 2014 4:42 AM

Hi Leif,

Numbers 3.1.

The slow way is clicking on the left or right arrows:

User uploaded file

A faster way is to swipe the band of Sheet names left or right.

Change the order of Sheet Tabs by dragging a Sheet Tab left or right. Put them into an order that suits your work.

Regards,

Ian.

10 replies

Feb 27, 2014 11:06 AM in response to Leif M.

Hi Leif,

Below are links to two Automator Services that can be assiged keyboard shortcuts.

After double-click installation (and perhaps a click on 'download anyway' in System Preferences > Privacy & Security) they look like this in the Services Menu.

User uploaded file

You assign keyboard shortcuts in System Preferences > Keyboard as shown here:

User uploaded file

The shortcuts I have here work on my machine but you may want to set them to something else that doesn't conflict with shortcuts you already have.

Next sheet (Dropbox download)

Previous sheet (Dropbox dowload)

If you open these in Automator (in Finder option Go > Library > Services) you will see they can be customized to give access to your sheets in various ways.

SG

Keyboard command for changing sheet Numbers

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.