Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

No network connection after updates, support software re-install

I updated my Bootcamp Windows 7 installation two days ago. Upon completion of all the Windows 7 updates (there were 109 of them) the internet connectivity no longer functions (wired and wireless).

I have an early 2011 MacBook Pro running OS X 10.7 with Bootcamp and the support software installed. After the Windows 7 update that broke the internet connectivity, I upgraded/ resinstalled the support software (Boot Camp Support Software 5.1.5621 link). This did not improve things. Windows 7 does acknowledge that I have "Limited access" to the Wireless network. Similiarly, the wired connection "Duration" clock ticks as though I am connected, but there is no IPv4 or IPv6 Connectivity and no packet traffic.

Ironically, Windows 7 reports the network adapter, "...device is working properly." Troubleshooting diagnostics inidicate that "Windows couldn't automatically bind the IP protocol stack to the network adapter," and helpfully suggests I go online to find updates and assistance.

Is this a Boot Camp issue or a Windows 7 issue (or a me issue)?

Thank you in advance.

Aric

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.7.2)

Posted on Feb 26, 2014 4:58 AM

4 replies

Feb 26, 2014 8:40 AM in response to turbostar

Thank you for your reply turbostar,

I rolled back the driver for the Broadcom NetXtreme Gigabit Eternet adapter- there was no change.

The only system restore point that was available was for the upgrade to Boot Camp Support 5.1.5621 that installed a new version of Visual C++ but had no impact on the Broadcom driver.

After a reboot, neither of these efforts worked. The messages about the "...device working properly" and the "Windows couldn't automatically bind the IP protocol..." remain.

Do I need to install the latest driver for the hardware by downloading it from the Broadcom people? Can you circumvent Boot Camp like this?

thanks

Aric

Feb 26, 2014 9:44 AM in response to turbostar

I am looking through the list of updates that were installed. They all have rather generic names about what there purpose was (e.g. Security Update..., Update for <Program>, Update for Windows 7..., etc.). The ones that may be relevant (but I don't know), are the updates for the "Microsoft.NET Framework...".

They don't really provide me with any info about driver updates in Update History I am reviewing. I'll need to find a description of the updates and search them for "driver" to find the conflict. Unless there is an alternate way.

No network connection after updates, support software re-install

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.