Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I am new to Mac. I do have an Apple ID but can't find # on the keyboard ! so can't get set up ...help

I have just gone from Windows to a MacBook Pro, trying to set it up with my Apple ID as I have an iPad. Can't get it done as I can't find # on the keyboard ! Help please

MacBook Pro

Posted on Feb 26, 2014 5:12 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 26, 2014 5:31 AM

Do you genuinely mean you can't find the hash/pound symbol (in which case, how did you type it?), or are you typing that because you can't find a different symbol?

There actually shouldn't be any hash symbols in an AppleID - perhaps in a password.

Where are you in the world? US and European keyboards have different keys and shortcuts. For the UK, you get a hash/pound by typing alt-3.

Matt

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 26, 2014 5:31 AM in response to Sheena288

Do you genuinely mean you can't find the hash/pound symbol (in which case, how did you type it?), or are you typing that because you can't find a different symbol?

There actually shouldn't be any hash symbols in an AppleID - perhaps in a password.

Where are you in the world? US and European keyboards have different keys and shortcuts. For the UK, you get a hash/pound by typing alt-3.

Matt

I am new to Mac. I do have an Apple ID but can't find # on the keyboard ! so can't get set up ...help

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.