138 Views 1 Reply Latest reply: Feb 28, 2014 11:12 AM by pedro d
Hello there, yolandac30.
The following Knowledge Base article offers up some great steps for troubleshooting issues with your iOS device not responding as expected:
- If a single application is not responding or stops responding when it opens, you can force it to close.
- If the device is unresponsive or if certain controls aren't working as expected, restart your device.
- If the device remains unresponsive or does not turn on (or power on), reset your device.
- If there is no video or if the screen remains black, verify that the device has enough charge to turn on:
- If you are using an iPad, ensure that it's connected to the USB Power Adapter supplied with the device.
- Let it charge for at least twenty minutes, then see if it starts normally.
- If there is no image on the screen, press the Sleep/Wake button to attempt to wake the device.
- If the screen displays a red battery icon, continue charging the device until the battery is fully charged. Learn more about charging iPhone and iPod touch, or iPad.
- If the above steps do not resolve the issue, or the if the screen remains black or shows a persistent Apple logo, try restoring with iTunes:
- If the above steps do not resolve the issue, contact Apple.
Thanks for reaching out to Apple Support Communities.