Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Bluetooth not available after update to 10.9.2

Installed the 10.9.2 update and now I have no Bluetooth.

Task bar icoshows the zig-zag line and text is 'Bluetooth : Not available' . No Bluetooth System Preference option either.

I have tried:

1. Deleting /Library/Preferences/com.apple.Bluetooth.plist and restarting
  2. Repaiting Disk Permissions
  3. NVRAM reset (Option+CTRL+P+R at startup)

None of these fixes the problem.

Getting very annoyed now.

Can anyone suggest anything else?

Mac mini, OS X Mavericks (10.9.2)

Posted on Feb 26, 2014 9:28 AM

7 replies

Feb 26, 2014 1:55 PM in response to NumberTwentyThree

Does the Bluetooth preference pane show up in System Preferences? If not it means your Mac mini is not "seeing" the Bluetooth transceiver. Since this apparently correspoinds with the installation of OS X 10.9.2 I would suggest you download the OS X Mavericks 10.9.2 Update (Combo)and install it. Combo updtes are a standard "fix" when strange ethings happen after a regular OS update.

Feb 27, 2014 3:17 AM in response to Linc Davis

I thought I had done this but in fact I hadn't followed it to the letter. I had reconnected the USB devices before restarting!

Tried again. Shutdown, disconnected all USB cables, (I disconnected power too), waited 2 minutes, started up with USB still disconnected. Bluetooth now works!

Reconected USBs - all ok.

Just shows. Make sure you read the instructions properly.

Thanks.

Bluetooth not available after update to 10.9.2

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.