Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I delete unwanted apps from my cloud storage on my Ipad?

I have unwanted apps in the cloud on my ipad air. How do I delete them?

Posted on Feb 26, 2014 11:19 AM

3 replies

Feb 26, 2014 2:05 PM in response to michellemcampbell1

You can't. Apps in the cloud are not yours to delete, and they don't take up space in your iCloud account. You simply have access to download (for free in the case of paid apps) because you downloaded them at one time.

Its the way apple maintains access to purchased Apps for you.

As you see the most you can do is hide them.

Feb 26, 2014 2:30 PM in response to michellemcampbell1

When you delete an app from your device it is gone. But the fact that you purchased or downloaded the app remains in your account under the Previously Purchased section. The App Store then shows one of several different icons for apps.

1. Free is displayed for free apps.

2. A price is displayed for apps that are not free.

3. Open is displayed for apps that you have downloaded or purchased and which remain on your device.

4. A Cloud icon is displayed for apps you have downloaded or purchased but have since deleted from your device.

Previously purchased apps can be downloaded again at no cost. That is why a different icon is used for those apps. The Cloud icon simply means you have downloaded the app previously, it is no longer on your device, but the fact that you did download it is being kept in your record of previous purchases.

You cannot edit the record of previous purchases.

How do I delete unwanted apps from my cloud storage on my Ipad?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.