Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how to stop 6 digit numbers from sending me sms

i am NOT living in the US . there is a "block phone numbers" feature in ios 7 on my iphone 5 , which is very nice. the problem is that i get spam from 6 digits numbers xxxxxx and usually those numbers start with number 6 ( like so 6xxxxx ) but not always. i searched the net and someone suggested that i make (in google contacts because i use them to sync ) a dummy contact with the name "blocked" and but all the numbers that i want blocked there ,then block that contact. i came to a dead end because google support only total 6000 contact numbers 🙂

any hope i can do that ?

thankx

b.s : there is no way to block that from carrier.

Posted on Feb 26, 2014 11:17 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 27, 2014 10:15 AM

any help ?

7 replies

Mar 2, 2014 2:35 AM in response to docesam

not sure if it works with sms's and mms's but use a program calld truecaller

used it to block a number from another country who kept calling me at night

the scam is that they are trying to get me to call back to the number and it's an expensive number to call

it worked so I didn't get any more calls from that person

Mar 4, 2014 2:16 PM in response to docesam

There isn't an app anywhere that would block a block of numbers based on a wild card. All call blocking has been by actual number. I'm guessing you are trying to block something to the effect of 611111-677777, correct? So anything that falls inbetween the set of numbers is blocked? If that is correct, then nothing like that exists right now, unless your carrier has something at their level.

how to stop 6 digit numbers from sending me sms

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.