Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I Lost my iPhone 5s.

Hello!

I lost my iPhone 5s last week, which I bought 3 months ago.

I had turned on Find my iPhone app and Google location history.

On learning about the phone being lost,

1. I immediately went to the Apple service centre to get notifited if the device ever comes to them.

2. Went to the local police station to file an FIR.

3. Logged into iCloud ,set the iPhone to lost mode with my alternate number, with the 4 digit passcode and Play sound. I also changed my Apple id password and all Accounts password that was being synced.

I am constantly checking Google location history and iCloud FindmyiPhone.

One day, I received an email from Apple locating the device to Nepal. On clicking the location, it says Error. Isn't it supposed to show the location for 24 hours?

Again i put the device on lock mode and play sound. I did this thrice and i got email confirmations from Apple on successfull execution of these requests.

To my surprise, I saw a notification red marked "1" on reminders icon on web iCloud. I opened the reminder to see " Call xyz "

I guess, the device passcode has been removed or changed now and that is how the reminder was added.

A few times logging in, I see the device is online, But suddenly after 2 mins the device goes office. Presently the device is offline.

What should I do now??

Other questions I have,

1. Can i change the passcode on the device?

2. Is there a way to get the device SIM info by pushing any app from web? Similarly to how Google play store can install.

3. Can you request via web - the iCloud app on the device to sync contacts photos or other data?

Presently reminders are being synced as i can see.

4. Can Apple servers detect the SIM info on the device?

5. How to get help in Nepal, on tracking IMEI of the device?

iPhone 5s, iOS 7.0.5

Posted on Feb 26, 2014 11:35 AM

1 reply

I Lost my iPhone 5s.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.