Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Creating a Configurator profile for ATV on WPA2 Enterprise?

Alright, so I have a couple of Apple TVs (latest version) which I want to get up and running on our wireless network here at work. We have a WPA/WPA2 Enterprise network. Our access point is simply an Airport Extreme and the RADIUS server is running on OS X Server 10.6.

I understand that I have to load the Apple TV with a profile to get it to connect to the wireless network but I can't for the life of me figure out what the correct settings are for my network. I'd ask our IT department but the problem is that I am the IT department.

When I try to connect using the profiles I've created I get the error "There was a problem connecting to the network. Check your settings and try again. (-369033215).

The first issue (I believe) is that I might not be choosing the right EAP types. In configurator I can choose TLS. TTLS, LEAP, PEAP, EAP-FAST, EAP-SIM, or EAP-AKA. I have no idea which one I should be choosing or how to figure out which types my network supports. Also some of them want me to enter an outer identity which again, I have no idea what to put there.

The second issue may be the trusted certificates - I may not have the correct one(s). When I check the RADIUS server settings, it shows that I'm using a self-signed certificate that I generated quite a while ago (we don't have any actual certs, just self-signed ones - small office, not my area of expertise so I didn't want to waste company money without knowing what I was doing). So, what I did was I opened up Keychain Access, found that certificate, exported it, and imported it into Configurator. I imported it into Trusted Certificates but I didn't put anything in for Trusted Server Certificate Names - should I put anything in there?

Any help is appreciated.

Posted on Feb 26, 2014 11:48 AM

There are no replies.

Creating a Configurator profile for ATV on WPA2 Enterprise?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.