Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Where can I find the loops that I created in Garageband within OS Mavericks?

I've been trying desperately to export MIDI files from Garage band to bring into Digital Performer. DP can't open the GB files, so I've had to use an export plug-in to do so. It has me create loops of each track, and they show up in GB itself. But where do I find them within the Mavericks OS in order to grab them so I can import them into DP?

Posted on Feb 26, 2014 11:48 AM

1 reply

Feb 26, 2014 12:15 PM in response to Dookiestix

GarageBand does not support exporting midi, sorry.

But all the loops you create and save as loops will be placed at either of the following locations:

• /Library/Audio/Apple Loops/User Loops
  • ~/Library/Audio/Apple Loops/User Loops

Note: The tilde (~) represents your home folder. To get to this location, in the Finder, choose Go > Go to Folderfrom the menu. Type ~/Library/Audio/Apple Loops/User Loops in the "Go to the folder" field and press the Gobutton.

Whether they go into the home folder path or the system path depends on the "My Apple Loops" preference you have set in the Loops pane of GarageBand preferences.

See: GarageBand, Logic: Where loops get installed

Where can I find the loops that I created in Garageband within OS Mavericks?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.