Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Connecting Apple TV to speakers

I am thinking of buying an Apple TV to stream my music from my i-devises to my speakers via AirPlay. The problem is: I have no idea of how to connect the Apple TV to the speakers. My speaker is called: Philips Home Theater System HTS3357. I believe that the HDMI port on the Apple TV is going into my TV, otherwise that could probably have been used to connect the speakers and the Apple TV. I do not have the greatest knowledge about technology so an easy to understand answer would be much appreciated.

PS. Sorry for the wierd english. I am not from an english speaking country.

/Jonas Breinholt - Denmark.

Apple TV

Posted on Feb 26, 2014 11:56 AM

3 replies

Feb 26, 2014 2:45 PM in response to JBreinholt

JBreinholt wrote:

I am thinking of buying an Apple TV to stream my music from my i-devises to my speakers via AirPlay.

An AirPort Express would be a better choice if the only desire is for streaming audio. Users have reported mixed results in using the ATV as an audio only streaming device. Most of the time it requires the TV to be on.

JBreinholt wrote:

PS. Sorry for the wierd english. I am not from an english speaking country.

Posting in your native language would make more logical sense. These are world-wide forums.

Connecting Apple TV to speakers

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.