Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I transfer 17.000 songs from my ipod classic to my itunes library on my laptop?

I have an ipod classic with 17.000 songs that are not in my itunes library (due to a computer crash.... lost everything grrrrr); how can I get them from my ipod to my itunes on my laptop? Apple helpdesk sends me to http://http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1329 but it looks like this is to get your library from your old PC to a new PC using an ipod as a USB. However I do not have my old PC; only an ipod with my (named, rated, sorted, deduplicated) library. If I sync I will loose the songs on my ipod. I do have a back up somewhere, but would need to reorganize everything.

Is there a way to sync from ipod to itunes?

Thanks a lot!!!

Stef

iPod classic, Windows 7

Posted on Feb 26, 2014 12:44 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 27, 2014 9:19 AM

Same issue I had a couple of days ago. Your iPod will sync songs, etc. purchased from iTunes to your new coomputer, but not music from other sources. I have about 12k songs I have to reload, too. I was advised to try a third party app called yamisoft to transfer my entire library, and it's still working on it after 18 hours. It's supposed to be a free app, but it won't activate unless you pay $35. Everything seems to be moving, and it's very easy to use, so IMO, it's worth my time. Good luck.

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 27, 2014 9:19 AM in response to steffen1971

Same issue I had a couple of days ago. Your iPod will sync songs, etc. purchased from iTunes to your new coomputer, but not music from other sources. I have about 12k songs I have to reload, too. I was advised to try a third party app called yamisoft to transfer my entire library, and it's still working on it after 18 hours. It's supposed to be a free app, but it won't activate unless you pay $35. Everything seems to be moving, and it's very easy to use, so IMO, it's worth my time. Good luck.

Feb 27, 2014 9:53 AM in response to the fiend

You get the free download, and it even installs. You are compelled to activate a program called iExplorer. At some point a box appears to enter a code to activate. You have to buy the code. I'm kind of impatient, so if there's other alternatives that help with this much needed app, check around. It should be a normal function, it happens so often, but c'est la vie!

Mar 26, 2016 7:46 PM in response to steffen1971

i know this is really late but hopefully this will help someone else looking to avoid all to apps that want to charge you to transfer music from your ipod back into itunes. I found this youtube demo and although it is taking awhile, i have 17k songs, the process is still COMPLETELY FREE!!!!! NO codes to purchase or anything. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xRKwJZXGCTs

How can I transfer 17.000 songs from my ipod classic to my itunes library on my laptop?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.