Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

keynote not opening older files - requesting 09

I have the latest version of Keynote for Mavericks, but it won't open my older presentations, asking for them to be opened in Keynote 09 which I now no longer have. Is it possible to download keynote 09 still?

OS X Mavericks (10.9.1)

Posted on Feb 26, 2014 1:37 PM

3 replies

Mar 17, 2014 7:23 AM in response to tfromstockport

I have the same issue. It's ridiculous that Apple doesn't provide a conversion tool. Yes, they keep 09 when you upgrade. No, they don't give you 09 when you buy a new MBP, install keynote and need to open an old file. Am I supposed to drag a copy of 09 with me everywhere I go in case I need an old file?

So, this isn't the best solution, not even close, but you can open Keynote 09 files with Preview. You lose all the animations and transitions (and if you have lots of hidding and showing, you might not see everything) but you can at least export all the slides as PNGs from preview and have access to the content.

Like I said, not ideal, but better than not being able to see anything.

keynote not opening older files - requesting 09

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.