Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Sharing pictures in iCloud issue: help

Hi all,

For some reason (only recently), I go to events, select pictures to share on iCloud with my fiance: I create the new photo stream (all the things I usually do); I add him as the person I want to share (again like I usually do by using his email), then I publish. The little circle appears to show my iMac is thinking and then nothing. It's saying it's adding 700 pics, but when I go into the iCloud photo stream it shows zero. I have no idea what is going on and this is such an easy thing to do, but it's just not working. I've been patient and waited hours/days and again; nothing. I go to iCloud and I can see the photo stream I have created but there's no pics inside.

Any thoughts/suggestions?

Lynds

iMac, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.3)

Posted on Feb 26, 2014 1:29 PM

3 replies

Feb 27, 2014 2:38 AM in response to MissLynds

Check, if you have exceeded any limits:

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4858

Does your "My Photo Stream" work?

Do older Photo Streams work, or none at all?

If your "my Photo Stream" works, but not your Shared Stream try if resetting the Shared Stream will work. But import all photos you are having in Shared Streams, to sure to save them, before you disable "Photo Sharing"

User uploaded file

• Disable The option "Photo Sharing" in the iCloud Preferences.
  • Quit iPhoto
  • Launch iPhoto again.
  • Enable Photo Sharing again.

But if even "My Photo Stream" does not work, check, if you are having a fire wall active, like "Little Snitch", that might be blocking the upload.

• If not, quit iPhoto and disable the Photo Stream completely in the System Preferences > iCloud. Restart your Mac.
  • Enable the Photo Stream again in the System Preferences and iPhoto Preferences.
  • Try again.

Sharing pictures in iCloud issue: help

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.