Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Almost complete duplicate back ups for past few days

I just noticed that my wife's MBP has duplicate hourly backups going back about two days. Have not updated to 10.9.2. Have not updated anything on the OS in the last two days. The times are within minutes of each other. Perhaps an image will show what I mean with fewer words:

User uploaded file

User uploaded file

Any ideas?

Posted on Feb 26, 2014 2:43 PM

1 reply

Feb 27, 2014 3:17 PM in response to xairbusdriver

UPDATE: That 'extra' backup on 2/20/14 is now gone. The furthest one back is now 2/21/14; seven days.

Another interesting piece of this puzzle is the times of the duplicate updates (Listed in the order they appear in the 'timeline'):

2/21 Normal: 8:09am
2/21 Dup:... 3:08pm
2/24 Normal: 7:57am
2/24 Dup:... 3:57pm
-
2/25 Normal: 7:14am
2/25 Dup:... 4:14pm
-
Yesterday
2/26 Dup:... 5:26pm
2/26 Normal: 5/26pm

Looking a bit closer, I see that today's backups, except for a single one, all have a silver/grey color. The MBP has been asleep since soon after it automatically started up this morning. I'm now wondering if this 'normal' when the machine is sleeping? I would think that Time Machine would not run during a 'sleep' cycle. Perhaps there is some app running in the background that is also creating/modifying a backed up file?

Is this something I've just never seen but has been there all along?! At least in Macericks?!

Curiouser and curiouser...

I've downloaded a Widget (and an app to allow it to run on the desktop - I stll keep Dashboard killed!) and it may help to look at TM logs with it.

Almost complete duplicate back ups for past few days

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.